By Karen P., CANIDAE Customer
Editor’s Note: CANIDAE recently posted the photo for these cool repurposed dog food bags on their Facebook page. Many people asked for instructions on how to make them, so we asked Karen to share that here on the blog.
- CANIDAE dog food bag (dimensions are from a 30 lb bag)
- Duct tape
- Clear packing tape
- Tissue or newspaper (for making a template)
- Permanent marker
1. Cut dog food bag open, lay it flat, and wipe the inside with a damp cloth. See the image at left to know where to cut. (Click here for a larger version.)
2. Using tissue or newspaper, measure and cut out a template, much like making a pattern for a dress. You’re basically making a rectangle, but with notched-out corners. Your rectangle should be 19 1/2″ wide, by 17 1/2″ tall. Then, notch out a 3″ by 3″ corner on the bottom left and bottom right, like in the drawing.
3. Place your new template over the clean food bag. You need to make two identical cut-outs with your template. One will become the front of your repurposed bag, the other the back. Draw lines at edge of template with your marker. Then move the template and trace the second cut-out.
4. Use your scissors to cut the bag to match the templates you traced. You should have identically sized pieces after cutting.
By Ruthie Bently
CANIDAE All Natural Pet Foods has done it again. This picture is of the newest pet food bag innovation to hit the market in years. CANIDAE’s 30 pound and larger bags of all natural dog food now come with Velcro® closures!
There’s no need to try and roll the bag closed and worry about it coming open when you take it out of the storage bin. I used to feed a food that had a zipper closure, and it always made me crazy; if you got a bit of food in the zipper it would not close properly. Sometimes the glue holding the zipper on the bag would give way so there would be a hole between the bag and the zipper, and I would worry about who was feeding the dog next, in case they picked up the bag the wrong way and half of it spilled out.
The driving force behind the bag change is customer feedback. This new bag helps keep out contaminants, prevents spillage accidents and keeps the food fresher for a longer period of time. These bags are so great, because the seal is going to be usable time and time again. You can open and close the bags numerous times, and it will always seal again and stay sealed because of the Velcro.
I actually got to try out the Velcro closure on an empty sample of the new bag design and I can’t wait for Skye’s CANIDAE Grain Free All Life Stages
to run out so I can go get one of my own. I love this bag, when you close it, it stays closed. I even tried to put weight in the bag (from the bottom) and started shaking the bag to try and make the Velcro closure fail, and I wasn’t using kibble. I put rocks from my rock garden in the bag, and started shaking! Poor Skye must have thought I had gone crazy, she thought she was getting a dog food snack in the middle of the day. Imagine her surprise when I poured out the rocks; her face said it all.
Look for the new Velcro closures on the CANIDAE All Life Stages
35 pound and 44 pound “Big Bag” and on the 30 pound bags of the other CANIDAE dog foods. What a wonderful difference it will make for those of us who purchase our CANIDAE in the larger bags!
The personal opinions and/or use of trade, corporate or brand names, is for information and convenience only. Such use does not constitute an endorsement by CANIDAE® All Natural Pet Foods of any product or service. Opinions are those of the individual authors and not necessarily of CANIDAE® All Natural Pet Foods.