We have an immediate need for a bright, aggressive, and personable sales person to join our team, as a Sales Specialist. This is an excellent opportunity for the right professional to make an impact on our business, while growing their own career. The territory they will be responsible for will include Northern California, Tahoe, Reno Nevada, Colorado, and Wyoming. This position requires approximately 30 to 50% overnight travel.
The person we are seeking will be an energetic, driven, and ambitious sales oriented individual, with the capability to effectively communicate our vision and purpose in the Pet Food Industry. He/she will be very detail oriented, a bright sales person, possess tactical agility, and have a passion to help gain more market share for the finest natural pet food in the Industry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Maintaining positive relationships with our Key Account’s Retail Stores Management and Employees.
- Rotating stock regularly. This function can be physically challenging so it is important our Sales Specialist is in good shape and able to handle this function.
- Ensuring that Retailer’s inventory numbers agree with our actual physical inventory.
- Becoming very familiar with Key Account’s Inventory Software to be able to check for accuracy and reconcile the numbers on their own, when allowed to do so.
- Providing on the spot education/information to our retail and consumer customers regarding our entire product line, as well as key messaging we want to convey.
- Participating in trade shows, exhibitions, special events, and company meetings.
- Conducting group seminars to Key Account to ensure they are fully aware of each offering in our diverse product line.
- Applying our proven techniques to promote sales growth.
- Developing strong professional relationships with Key Account District Managers, Store Managers, and Employees. Communicating consistently with them to develop growth oriented sales strategies.
- Proactive product presentation, at each store, for maximum exposure and turnover of our products, to include but not limited to; building displays, rotating stock, maintaining clean shelves, replenishment of out of stock products, and ensuring accurate pricing consistent with current promotional activities.
- Scheduling business travel in a cost efficient way to ensure all visits to retailers are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Preparing and submitting regular reports on calls made, expenses, sales, and presentations, in a timely manner.
- Working closely with our Sales Management to ensure maximum effectiveness and professional development.
- College degree preferred, excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills, with the capability to work effectively with Retailers, Consumers, Sales Management, and coworkers.
- Must be self-directed and able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Possess strong analytical skills and the ability to take information and translate it into actionable items.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects, owning them from inception to completion.
- Solid work ethic and a willingness to work a flexible schedule during peak business cycles.
- A willingness to travel, including overnight, on a regular and on-going basis.
Must be proficient in MS Office suite and Adobe Acrobat, with the ability to become equally skilled using Docs to Go, Dropbox, and Inventory software programs, used by our Key Accounts.
Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds, sit, stand, bend, and walk regularly, during the course of doing the job. Good or corrected vision to be able to perform the reading and paperwork aspects of the position.
We offer a competitive salary, with full benefits package, company vehicle, gasoline card, cell phone, hardware, etc. Our company culture is one that encourages professional growth and promotion from within. If qualified, please submit an up to date resume’, cover letter, and salary history, for immediate consideration.