Effective Date: October 29th, 2020
1. What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is information that, either alone or in combination with other information, identifies, relates to, or describes you. If we combine other information (i.e.,information that does not, on its own, identify you) with your Personal Information, we treat the combined information as your Personal Information.
2. What information do we collect?
We may collect Personal Information or other data about you from various sources, including, but not limited to:
- Directly from you when you use the Sites, such as when you register for an account, access certain features or content, order products, sign up for our email lists or purchase past promotional offerings;
- From our affiliates, service providers, and other third parties (such as from retail partners and re-sellers, including name, email address, mailing address, and phone number); and
- Indirectly through automated means (e.g., through cookies, device identifiers, pixels, local storage and similar technologies).
a. Information We Collect Directly From You
The Personal Information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information (including name, billing address, shipping address and phone number);
- Your professional memberships, business affiliations and business description (size of operations, activities conducted, but not financial information); and
- Login information, such as username, password, and security questions and answers; and
b. Information We Collect Indirectly
We may also collect certain information by automated means (including cookies, device identifiers, pixels, local storage and similar technologies in order to better understand our customers and improve and protect our content and Sites. Information we may collect includes
- Make and model of user’s computer or mobile device;
- Browser version and name;
- Operating system;
- Screen size;
- Date and time of site visit;
- Web browsing behavior (pages viewed, session lengths, clickstreams, referrers, departures)
We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients.
3. What About Personal Information from Outside the U.S.?
4. How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Process orders you place and complete other transactions you have requested using the Sites, and provide you with products and services you request;
- Send you information, materials or surveys (i) requested by you or (ii) after you sign up for Club Canidae (but you may unsubscribe from receipt of these at anytime);
- Maintain a record of your purchases and other transactions using the Sites;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding use of the Sites and transactions conducted using the Sites;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Online Retail Terms and Conditions on the Sites and other agreements;
- and Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
5. To Whom Do We Disclose Your Information?
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose Personal Information about you to the following persons for the purposes described:
Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics, an analytics service to help us analyze the traffic on the Sites. Google Analytics does not collect Personal Information. For more information on how Google processes the Personal Information of its partners, see “How Google Uses Information From Sites and Apps That Use Our Services”.
Advertising: We engage advertising services to assist us in advertising our brand and the Sites, including advertising through Facebook. From time to time, those services target advertisements on third-party websites based on cookies or other information indicating previous interaction with the Sites. Facebook is obligated to only use Personal Information in connection with provisions of services to us and is obligated to keep Personal Information subject to confidentiality.
Law Enforcement, Government Agencies, and Courts. We may disclose Personal Information at the request of law enforcement or government agencies or in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process to establish, protect, or exercise our rights or to defend against a legal claim or as otherwise required or allowed by law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any other person. We may also disclose Personal Information to investigate or prevent a violation by you of any contractual or other relationship with us or your illegal or harmful activity. We may also use your information to enforce or apply our Online Retail Terms and Conditions on the Sites and other agreements.
We may also disclose your Personal Information with your consent.
Canidae does not sell Personal Information we collect from you to non-affiliated third parties. Canidae does share anonymized aggregated traffic data and browsing patterns of the type described in Section 3 above with partners and service partners in order to provide the services, products and material you request and to improve our Sites and content. Canidae also shares credit card information, name, address and contact information with its payment processor for the sole purpose of processing payments for purchases made on our Site.
We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our Sites, including the information or content contained within them. We encourage you to investigate and ask questions before disclosing your Personal Information to third parties.
6. How Can You Check and Delete Your Data or Opt Out of Services?
You have the right to see – and amend or delete – certain Personal Information you have provided to us. If you would like to see, amend, delete, export, or object to or restrict the processing of, the Personal Information you provided to us, you can initiate that process by contacting us at email@example.com. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, your Breeder Profile and data related to your transactions on the Sites cannot be deleted but you may choose to suspend your account by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Canidae does not have the functionality to allow you to opt out of future web/mobile analytics, collection of location information, disclosure for third-party advertising and third-party tracking. TG – they should be able to ask Canidae to delete their account
We may send notifications, newsletters, promotions, or other information via email (“Communications”). You may choose to stop receiving Communications by following the unsubscribe instructions in any email you receive. Please note that certain
Communications are necessary for the proper functioning and use of the Sites and provision of our products and services, and you may not have the ability to opt out of those Communications.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of device identifiers. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Sites may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. If you disable cookies or device identifiers, you may continue to receive advertisements, but these advertisements will no longer be tailored to you.
7. Does Canidae Collect Personal Information About Children?
Canidae does not knowingly collect or solicit any Personal Information from children under the age of 16. In the event that we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child without parental consent, we will promptly take steps to delete that information.
8. How Long Does Canidae Retain Personal Information?
10. How Can I Contact Canidae?
You may also send us mail at the following address or contact us at the phone number below between 9 A.M. and 5 P.M. E.S.T. Monday through Friday:
1 Dock Street,
Suite 500 Stamford,
1 Dock Street,
Suite 500 Stamford,
11. Additional Disclosure for California Residents
The following additional disclosures are directed to California residents. This Section address the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (as amended from time to time, the “CCPA”) and any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Section.
a. Information We Collect
|Category||Types of Information Collected||Source|
|A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) (“Customer Records Data”).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.||
|Commercial information (“Commercial Data”).||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||
|Internet or other similar network activity (“Internet Use Data”).||Browsing history, search history, or information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||
|Professional or employment-related information (“Professional Data”).||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||
|Inferences drawn from other personal information (“Inferences”).||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.||
For more information about the Personal Information that we collect and the purposes for collecting this personal information, please see Sections 1 through 4 above. We disclose the following categories of Personal Information for business purposes: Identity Data, Customer Records Data, Commercial Data, Internet Use Data, Professional Data, and Inferences. For more information about these disclosures, please see Section 5 above. “Personal Information” as used in this Section 11 shall take its meaning from the CCPA.
b. Sales of Personal Information
In the past twelve months, we have not sold your Personal Information. Canidae does not disclose any Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties for these purposes.
c. Your Rights Under the CCPA
The CCPA grants California residents the following rights regarding their Personal Information:
i. Right to Access to Your Personal Information and Data Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Section 11(D)), we can disclose, at your request:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed for a business purpose or sold your Personal Information, two separate lists disclosing (1) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained and (2) sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased.
ii. Right to Deletion of Your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Section 11(D)), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
iii. Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to be discriminated against for choosing to exercise any of your CCPA rights.
d. Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Write to the following address: One Dock Street, Suite 500, Stamford, CT 06902
- Contact Customer Service via email at email@example.com (using “California Privacy Rights” as the heading)
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us, but we may require authentication of the consumer that is reasonable in light of the nature of the Personal Information requested.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (for a maximum total of 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of a verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless the request is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request. Alternatively, we may decline to respond to the request and notify you of our reason for doing so.
e. Shine the Light
California law permits users who are residents of California to request information describing the categories of Personal Information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and with whom we have shared it, during the preceding calendar year. If you would like to make such a request, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “California Shine the Light Request” in the subject line of your email.
12. Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents
Nevada law permits Nevada residents to make certain requests to us directing us not to sell certain categories of their Personal Information to third parties. If you are a Nevada resident and would like to make such a request, please e-mail us at email@example.com and include “Nevada Privacy Request” in the subject line of your email.