Canidae PURE With Grain-Real Chicken & Oatmeal Dry Dog Food
4 & 24 LB BAGS
The Best Chicken and Oatmeal Dog Food for Your Best Friend. This limited ingredient formula provides optimal nutrition for puppies, adult and senior dogs and is a great alternative for those with sensitive skin and stomach.
- Only Real Ingredients: With limited ingredients in each bag of dog food, your good boys and girls get everything they need and nothing that they don’t. We use only the purest ingredients to ensure that your dog gets the nutrients they need for a healthy, happy lifestyle.
- Wholesome Grains for Overall Health & Well-Being: Our vet-formulated whole grain dog food gives your pet total energy and improved digestion. The soothing oatmeal formula is perfect for dogs with sensitive skin and stomachs.
- Healthplus Solutions in Every Bite: Probiotics are added to every kibble to support healthy digestion, with antioxidants to support a healthy immune system and omega 6 & 3 fatty acids for beautiful skin and coat.
- Flavors & Types: No starchy fillers like potatoes, peas, lentils, or chickpeas. This limited ingredient formula features real chicken and nourishing oatmeal.
- Made in the USA: Canidae is dedicated to making the best, most nutritious dog food that you can feel good about feeding your best friend — because pet food shouldn’t be complicated. Plus, all of our products are made right here in the USA.
PURE Dry Dog Food with Chicken & Oatmeal
8 Simple Key Ingredients
When making our chicken and oatmeal dog food, we’re proud to use real chicken as the first ingredient. We never use unnecessary fillers like corn, wheat or soy, and only use the highest quality, great-tasting ingredients. We want our customers to be able to count the ingredients on their 2 paws, with 7-10 key ingredients or less, while still providing your dogs with well-rounded meals. With health and well-being our priority, our meals give your dog the taste they crave, and the complete nutrition they need.
This unique blend serves your pets with over 24g of protein per cup — helping to promote lean and strong muscle growth. The addition of oatmeal ensures that your pooch gets the fiber they need to help regulate the digestive system, and the energy they require to be happy and active all day long.
Chicken, chicken meal, oatmeal, barley, millet, chicken fat, suncured alfalfa meal, flaxseed, natural flavor, choline chloride, taurine, zinc sulfate, vitamin E supplement, mixed tocopherols (a preservative), ferrous sulfate, vitamin B12 supplement, niacin, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, vitamin A supplement, sodium selenite, biotin, riboflavin, thiamine mononitrate, zinc proteinate, dried lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation extract, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin D3 supplement, ethylenediamine dihydroiodide, folic acid, iron proteinate, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, dried enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried lactobacillus casei fermentation product, dried lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product. Contains a source of live (viable) naturally occurring microorganisms.
Simple Recipes With Real Meat & Whole Foods
CANIDAE PURE formulas use simple recipes. Each limited ingredient diet is made with 7-10 simple ingredients that are easily recognizable. And even if your dog isn’t sensitive to ingredients, they’ll still love the great taste. Choose from a variety of formulas made with real meat or fish first, paired with wholesome grains like barley, brown rice and oatmeal-never corn, wheat, or soy. Feed your dog all the great taste they crave and all the nutrition they need.
Dogs and Oatmeal: Why You Should Feed Your Pet Whole Grains
This is not just any chicken meal. Canidae’s real chicken and oatmeal dog food contains whole grains that are an easy-to-digest source of complex carbohydrates, fiber, and energy. As these carbohydrates are an important component of your pet’s diet, many vets recommend oats for dogs because of the many benefits they offer:
- Oatmeal contains biotin as well as linoleic acid, omega-3 fatty acids, and omega-6 fatty acids to keep your pooch’s skin healthy and coat shiny.
- Oats are an excellent source of soluble fiber, which helps regulate your pet’s blood glucose and cholesterol levels, feed the body’s beneficial bacteria, and support the immune system.
- Many vets recommend oatmeal for dogs with diarrhea, as soluble fiber helps regulate bowel movements and alleviate diarrhea in dogs by absorbing water in the intestinal tract and slowing down the digestive process. This can also ease your pup’s pesky gassiness.
- The fiber content in oatmeal also helps process fats in your dog’s body, and as a carbohydrate can assist with your doggy weight management.
- Oats are our best nervine tonic available. Nervine is a herbal compound that works to calm the nerves when necessary, and are a great addition to your anxious dog’s diet
- Oatmeal is also high in vitamin B5, B9, zinc, iron, magnesium, copper, and folic acid, all essential nutrients to keep your dog feeling healthy and strong.
Is Oatmeal Safe for Dogs?
There’s quite a bit of misinformation out there about whether oatmeal is a safe component to a dog’s diet. While your pup should never be fed human oatmeal, which often includes sugar and flavor additives, oatmeal in its more natural form is a great source of fiber. Perfect for dogs that are allergic to wheat, or senior dogs with bowel irregularity issues, this blend is features cooked oatmeal and a vet-formulated recipe to ensure that your pooch gets exactly what they need in each bite.
|Crude Protein (min.)||25%|
|Crude Fat (min.)||16.00%|
|Crude Fiber (max.)||5.00%|
|Linoleic Acid (omega 6) (min.)||2.70%|
|Alpha Linolenic Acid (omega 3) (min.)||0.15%|
|Vitamin E (min.)||50.00 IU/kg|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)* (min.)||15.00 mg/kg|
|Glucosamine* (min.)||1,080.00 mg/kg|
|Chondroitin Sulfate* (min.)||1,350.00 mg/kg|
|Total Microorganisms* (Lactobacillus acidophilus, Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus plantarum) (min.) 100 million CFU/lb, (min.) *Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles||220,000 CFU/g|